10 Things To Know About The EU Nuclear Stress Tests
Ten Things You Should Know About The EU Stress Tests
1. Aircraft crashes were not considered in the EU nuclear stress tests.
2. Reactors were missing hydrogen valves at Tschechia, Bulgarien, Rumania, Slowakia, Slowenia, Schweden, Spain and Great Britain.
3. Battery capacity and recharging was considered inadequate at all nuclear plants.
4. There is no on-site seismic instrumentation yet in Dukovany NPP (CZ), Brokdorf, Brunsbuettel, Emsland, Grohnde, Kruemmel and Unterweser NPPs (D), Borssele NPP (NL), Oskarshamn NPP (SE) and in all Ukrainian NPPs.
5. Severe weather early warning systems and relevant operating procedures were not in place in Sweden and some other locations.
6. In France, no probabilistic seismic hazard assessment (PSHA) is used except for 3 plants (Saint-Alban, Flamanville and Civaux).
7. Facilities in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovakia and the Netherlands lacked reinforcement of buildings that housed critical equipment like fire trucks and diesel generators.
8. European nuclear plants should withstand 0.9 gal, some German units don’t withstand it. Some German units can only handle about a magnitude 6-7 quake. All German reactors have no seismometers, some others in Europe do not either.
9. Filtered venting is not in place or required across the board in the EU.
10. A back up emergency control room is not in place or required across the board in the EU.
This article would not be possible without the extensive efforts of the SimplyInfo research team
Join the conversation at chat.simplyinfo.org
© 2011-2023 SimplyInfo.org, Fukuleaks.org All Rights Reserved Content cited, quoted etc. from other sources is under the respective rights of that content owner. If you are viewing this page on any website other than http://www.simplyinfo.org (or http://www.fukuleaks.org) it may be plagiarized, please let us know. If you wish to reproduce any of our content in full or in more than a phrase or quote, please contact us first to obtain permission.
One thought on “10 Things To Know About The EU Nuclear Stress Tests”
Pingback: 10 Things To Know About The EU Nuclear Stress Tests | SimplyInfo « Fukushima 311 Watchdogs