Two Romanians transporting iodine 131 from Holland to Romania set off radiation detectors at an Austrian border station. The pair had made numerous trips transporting the material for hospital diagnostics. It was purchased legally but the transport was done illegally. Officials found the material was not being properly stored in the van.
The entire van was contaminated as was the pair driving the van. They had been storing their food and water in the refrigeration unit used to transport the radioactive material and had likely contaminated themselves in part through their food and water. They were treated at a local hospital and told to seek further treatment when they arrived home. They had 40 times what was considered to be the safe limit of ingestion.
This article would not be possible without the extensive efforts of the SimplyInfo research team
Join the conversation at chat.simplyinfo.org
© 2011-2022 SimplyInfo.org, Fukuleaks.org All Rights Reserved Content cited, quoted etc. from other sources is under the respective rights of that content owner. If you are viewing this page on any website other than http://www.simplyinfo.org (or http://www.fukuleaks.org) it may be plagiarized, please let us know. If you wish to reproduce any of our content in full or in more than a phrase or quote, please contact us first to obtain permission.