Japan Govt. Secretly Backtracks On Decontamination Efforts
While the Abe government has announce they will accelerate decontamination efforts Asahi Shimbun has found out that the opposite is actually happening. In communications with local governments backtracking on decontamination efforts began this spring.
- Areas that did not reduce to 1 mSv/year after decontamination will not be allowed a second attempt.
- Areas that were decontaminated but re-contaminate due to snow runoff or wind etc. will not be allowed a second attempt.
- Only about 1% of the homes in Iitate Village have been decontaminated.
- The estimates for completion of decontamination work are being extended without new completion dates.
- The Environment Ministry in charge of the work refused to make any drastic reviews of the effort until after the July Diet elections.
Read all the details at Asahi Shimbun
This article would not be possible without the extensive efforts of the SimplyInfo research team
Join the conversation at chat.simplyinfo.org
© 2011-2023 SimplyInfo.org, Fukuleaks.org All Rights Reserved Content cited, quoted etc. from other sources is under the respective rights of that content owner. If you are viewing this page on any website other than http://www.simplyinfo.org (or http://www.fukuleaks.org) it may be plagiarized, please let us know. If you wish to reproduce any of our content in full or in more than a phrase or quote, please contact us first to obtain permission.